Laine Magazine 15 - Autumn 2022
With the new look, there will be new, regular articles, such as Jeanette Sloan Talks Fibre. Of course, some things won't change. There will still be gorgeous knitwear patterns, beautiful high-quality photography and the size of the magazine, all elements that Laine is known for.
The new look was created by Kyiv-born Marina Veziko, one of Finland's leading designers and the Graphic Designer of the Year 2021.
Issue 15, Autumn 2022:
- 148 pages
- 12 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 6 sweaters, two cardigans, two shawls, one hat, and one pair of socks)
- An interview with knitwear designer Lindsey Fowler on postpartum depression. Lindsey shares how knitting offered her an identity outside motherhood. We are also offering Lindsey's debut book, Salt & Timber – Knits from the Northern Coast, for pre-order.
- An article on how sheep help to save endangered biotopes
- NEW! Jeanette Sloan Talks Fibre – a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Rose Sinclair, an academic researcher, author and lecturer. Rose's PhD research into Dorcas Clubs examines how textile networks can be catalysts for social change.
- NEW! Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro. In this issue, Päivi explores five ways how knitting can be used as a tool for change.
- NEW! Where I Knit – a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot and talking about crafting in their everyday lives.
- seasonal recipes to inspire your autumn cooking
- Book reviews.
Designers featured in this issue: Jenny Ansah, Jennifer Brou, Weichien Chan (also known as the Petite Knitter), Štěpánka Drchalová, Meiju K-P, Bernice Lim (also known as Yamagara), Hanna Maciejewska, Terri Maue, Olga Putano, Florence Spurling and Yiğitcan Vatansever.